Southern District of Texas Approves Appointment of General Counsel in Bankruptcy Case of Smokinkwr LLC
January 21, 2022, Southern District of Texas – Upon the application of the Debtor Smokinkwr LLC to employ a general counsel, the Court approves the appointment of the Law Firm of Thomas F. Jones III and Thomas F. Jones III as attorney in charge to act as a general counsel for Smokinkwr.
As per the filed application, the law firm is appointed :
- To render legal advice concerning his powers and duties in the continued operation of the Debtor’s businesses and management;
- To take all necessary action to protect and preserve the bankruptcy estate, including the prosecution of actions on behalf of the Debtor, the defense of any actions commenced against the Debtor, negotiations concerning all litigation in which the Debtor is involved, and objecting to claims filed against the Debtor’s estate;
- To prepare all necessary schedules, statements, motions, answers, orders, reports, and other legal papers in connection with the administration of the estate;
- To assist in preparing for and filing of a disclosure statement and plan of reorganization at the earliest possible date; and
- To perform any and all other legal services reasonably necessary or otherwise requested by the Debtor in connection with its Chapter 11 case and the formation and implementation of a Chapter 11 plan.
In re SMOKINKWR LLC, Case no. 21-33989